Sunday, April 7, 2013

Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Cape Town South Africa

My first day in Cape Town and I am coming down with what ever has been going around the ship. Not a cold but similar. I took the Hop on Hop off bus today. There are two routes and I took the longer one that went around the coast. There are beautiful beaches but the weather here is early fall and the high today was 65. The sea looked very rough and the guide kept pointing out the places where ships wrecked. I was on the wrong side of the bus to get pictures of the beach. I got off at the Botanical Gardens and spent a few hours. It is huge and features only plants that are native to Africa. There was so much to see there. I am posting some photos along with some of the sculptures that are scattered around the gardens. Tomorrow (hope I feel better) I will take the other route which is mostly in the city. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment