Monday, August 26, 2013

George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, Dallas Texas

I visited George W. Bush's Presidential Library and Museum today.  The museum part was interesting and very well done.  It is not a large exhibit.  9-11, Iraq and Katrina overshadowed his 8 years.  I did learn about some programs he started that were not well know.  I did all four of the choices in the Decision Center and found that I agreed with him on 2 of the four.  This is Presidential Library # 6 of the 13 for me.  I recommend visiting if you are in the Dallas area.
Entrance to the Library

National Archives Seal

First exhibit featuring baseball and one of the gowns worn by Laura Bush

Girder from World Trade Center

Dogs in the White House

Enjoying the Oval Office.  You can go in and enjoy the room.

The Decision Points area.  There are four situations you can follow and see what decision you would have made.

Father and Son in the Courtyard\

I had lunch in 43 (the restaurant).  Both the Service and the food were very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment