Saturday, January 12, 2013

World Cruise, January 12, 2013



We have gone through the Panama Canal and are on the Pacific Ocean now.  It took all day to transit and it was interesting.  I spend much of the day outside on deck 6.  I don’t know if anyone was watching.  I emailed everyone and told them that they could go to the Panama Canal web site and watch the ship go though the locks.  I waved every time in case anyone was watching.

Manta, Ecuador has come and gone and we are at sea for two days before getting to Lima, Peru.  I did not do a tour in Manta.  There was a shuttle bus going to a local craft market and shopping center and I road it into town.  I only saw a small part of the city.  It is a very busy port for fishing vessels and it is close to Monte Criste where Panama Hats are made.  There were several people selling the hats at the market but in the end I did not buy one.  I did add a new pair of earring to my collection.  Ship days are busy.  I have added guided meditation to my list of activities.  Tonight is the second formal night and I have an invitation to the Pinnacle Lounge for dinner with the Captain and the crew.    I think everyone on board will get an invitation sooner or later.

I changed my dining time yesterday.  I started out at the 8:00 dinner.  I was at a table for six and only three of us were showing up.  The other two were leaving the ship at Sidney so when I was invited to join a table for 8 at 5:30 I made the change.
I am still on the ship’s Internet so no photos yet.  I will do a large post of only photos when I find free Internet on the shore.

I do have two tours scheduled in Lima so more after I go on those.

1 comment: