Wednesday, January 9, 2013

World Cruise, January 9, 2013


Today,  January 9, 2013,  on the Amsterdam.

Internet is very slow so no photos yet.  Yesterday we were at Cartagena, Columbia and today we are going through the Panama Canal.  I took the Carriage Ride through the Old City in Cartegena.  I hope to post some photos later.  We have Donna, the star lady, on board for two weeks and last night I was on the upper deck  with the star watching group.  She is very knowledgeable and was pointing out stars until the clouds closed in.  This morning I joined her at 5:00 a.m to see the Southern Cross.   There were some clouds again but after waiting 30 minutes they cleared long enough to get a good view of the cross.  After that I went on the  front of the ship to watch us go through the Gatun Locks.  Tai Chi at 9:00 a.m. and Qi Gong at 2:00.  Days at sea are full of activities.  So far I am doing the travel programs and the cooking classes, the star watching, and the exercise classes.  Too many choices and so little time.  More after Ecuador on January 11.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! How exciting. I will enjoy traveling along but probably won't need to take notes for the future. lol

    ReplyDelete