Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Inside the Chihuly Garden and Glass Exhibit

"I want people to be overwhelmed with light and color in a way they have never experienced."  Dale Chihuly  Chihuly is the guiding genius behind each of these creations.  All of the glass is hand blown.    There is a theater which shows 30 minutes of short films about Chihuly.  I sat and watched every one.  


This is a ceiling made up of many glass pieces.    I almost did not go to this exhibit but decided to pay of the combination Space Needle and Chihuly Glass Exhibit.  I am very glad I did.  I spent more time in this exhibit than I did in King Tut.

This is a large room size piece.  

Another ceiling shot.

Small part of the room size piece.


Another part of the room size piece.

I had left the room with the glass ceiling when I looked back and noticed what it did to the wall so I came back for another shot.

Two boats filled with blown glass shapes.

One of the many chandeliers in one room.

Hand Blown glass bowls in another room.  The gift shop had small bowls for sale.    They ranged from $6000 to $8000.   I didn't buy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment