Monday, May 11, 2009

Mountain View, Arkansas




On this trip it rained almost every day. I still managed to visit most of my favorite places. All are worth a trip to Mountain View.





The Ozark Folk Center State Park(www.ozarkfolkcenter.com/)
The Park was established to preserve the crafts and music that are native to the Ozarks. The crafts are all in their own small building so I used my umbrella to get from building to building. There were not many people visiting and I had long talks with the craft persons in each building. The outdoor music shows in the park are always fun and I braved the cold damp weather to listen to one. I purchased a combo ticket for 17.50 and came back for the evening show in the auditorium. It was a good show. I also purchased crafts in two of the buildings.

Blanchard Springs Caverns

The Caverns are operated by the National Park Service and are ranked in the top ten caves in the US. The Dripstone Trail is the only one open this time of year. I have gone on the tour several times and it never gets old. The Caverns are about 10 miles out of Mountain View

Downtown Mountain View

When it is not raining there is picking and playing on the Square ever night. Take you chair and sit awhile. It is free.

There are also fun places to shop around the square. I took an afternoon to visit them all and made a few purchases. At the end of my shopping I visited the Drugstore that still has an old-fashioned soda fountain. They still make milkshakes and malts the old way. I got the fun of watching my malt made and the even more fun of drinking it.

Any photos on this post came from other web sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment