Saturday, August 25, 2012

Yampa River Botanic Park, Steamboat Spring, CO

I visited the some of the volunteers at the Botanic Park at the Farmer's Market booth where they were selling plants.  They told me where it was located so Saturday afternoon I visited.  There is not charge for visiting and the Park is very lovely.  Everything was in bloom and I could have snapped hundreds of pictures.  I am posting just a few that I took. This is a must visit if you are in Steamboat.

Each of the seperate areas are named.  This one is Tim's Garden and the sign said that Tim was the number 1 volunteer in the garden.

Just one of the places you can sit and enjoy the gardens.

The name for this one fits the location.  This is the Corner Garden.

These are shade plants and I would love to have them in my yard.

There were also 4 x 8 community garden beds.  This one is a herb bed.

There are sculptures like this eagle scattered around the park.

I wanted to include a shot of the Yampa River as seen from the Park.    Mostly because I lived on Yampa Ct when I lived in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment