Friday, August 28, 2015

Ketchikan, Alaska

This is my second time to Ketchikan.  The big difference this time is the sun.  This is the rainforest capital of the US so we all expected rain and were very happy to get sun.  I took a self-guided walking tour this time and am posting some of the photos below.  My favorite is the cat. This did not email right so the photos that go with the info are at the bottom of the post.




Leaving Seattle.  The haze is the smoke in the air.




The first view as I got off of the ship.




One of the totem poles around Ketchikan. This one is
Raven Stealing the Sun




Info about Raven Stealing the Sun Totem Pole




Entrance to Creek Street.   This is the old red light district and is now filled with shops.




View of the creek.  There are places where you can see salmon in the creek.




Ladder for the salmon to use when going upstream to lay eggs.




Sign says it all.




This is my favorite photo.  The cat turned just as I snapped the picture so I got him face on.  He was sitting on a part of the bridge outside the rail and appeared to be hunting.  It had a very thick coat with great colors and looked like it would be very soft and nice to pet.
Jo Jones
http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com
http://jojonestravelinglady.blogspot.com

--
Jo Jones
Http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com
Reviews and Recommendations of Books, Series, Authors, and Book Related Materials
Http://jojonestravelinglady.blogspot.com
Photos and comments on my RV trips

No comments:

Post a Comment