Thursday, August 20, 2015

Road Trip this August

I am off on a long road trip that is taking me from Arkansas to Washington state.  It is a lot of driving and I am not stopping that much along the way.  I did stop at an overlook on the Lewis and Clark trail.  There are a lot of fires in the west and in places the smoke was blocking the view.  While I was not near any of the fires I still saw how widespread the smoke was.  (See photos)  I am in Spokane, Washington for 3 night attending World Con then on to Seattle for an Alaska cruise.  Look for more posts later.




I am following part of the Lewis and Clark trail.  This is a picture from one of the overlooks along the way.  I loved the sign telling me to watch out for snakes.  I skipped that path.

Lewis and Clark would not recognize the Missouri as it looks today.



Smoke was obscuring the view in Montana.

The sun was having trouble showing through the smoke.  Also in Montana.

The clear sky after I drove out of the smoke.





No comments:

Post a Comment