Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hong Kong

I went on my own again here in Hong Kong. I purchased a two day pass on the Big Bus that allows you to hop on and hop off. The first day I took the Star Ferry to Hong Kong Island and did the bus tour to Stanley. I got off first at the Victoria Peak tram and rode up to see the view. From there we went to Stanley and the Stanley Market. It was interesting but I did not buy anything. After that we did a Sampan Ride at Aberdeen. Then the ferry back to Kowloon. I walked around and looked at the shops near the pier. Last night I watched the light show that goes on every night at 8:00 p.m. Hong Kong is night is very pretty. This is a very busy place. Today I took the second route on Kowloon and went to the Ladies Market. Again I did not buy anything. This afternoon I walked down along the bay. Some students stopped me and asked if I would do pan interview. There were practicing their English and there was a lot of laughing. After that I visited the Art Museum. There was an Andy Warhol Exhibit that was special and the regular gallaries with Chinese Art. The calligraphy and illustrations gallery was filled with wonderful art. The Ancient Chinese exhibit had items from as long ago as 2000 B.C. PIctures are off the Floating Restaurant in Aberdeen, the lights at night, the ladies market, outside the Art Museum, the clock tower and the students who did the interviewing and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment