Monday, March 18, 2013

SIngapore

I loved Singapore but it is a port that really wiped me out. Located near the Equator it was very hot land humid. Even with me being from the South (in the US) where we are noted for heat and humidity this was by far the worse I have been in. I had a tourist pass on the Metro (a great way to get around) I made some places I wanted to see by by late afternoon I went back to the ship without seeing everything I wanted to visit. This is a place I would love to came back too. Like Hong Kong this is a place dedicated to shopping but it has a lot more to see. I did visit Raffles Hotel. You cannot go in the lobby unless you are a registered guest but you can go the their shops, bars and restaurants. I visited the Long Bar home of the original Singapore Sling. I had my favorite a gin and tonic that cost $23.00 Singapore. You do pay for the privilege of being there. There is a picture of me with that very pricey drink. There is also a photo of the Merlion Stature, unique to Singapore . I visited Chinatown and the Hindu Temple located there. It is the first I found that encouraged photos. They did charge to take them, $2.00 Singapore. I also went to Little India where I took a picture of one of the many flower stalls and the gentleman making one of the flower hangings. Those are used in the temple and almost all of the shops had some type of flower arrangement. There is a picture of the outside of another Hindu Temple. This one is in Little India and unlike the first one was filled with worshipers. No pictures in there.

There is also a picture of the courtyard at Raffles and one of the famous building that look like they are leaning. They are not it is a optical illusion.

I am spending today recovering from yesterday. Tomorrow is Malaysia and the day after is Thailand. No rest for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Have been having fun following your adventures, Jo! Johor, a few km away from Singapore, isn't as hot but you get the general idea. It's a soup here most of the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete