Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pueto Princesa, Philippines

Today was one of those really fun days. I started out on my own walking up to the cathedral and all along the way there were drivers with motorcycles attached to a covered side car offering to take we on a tour. One kept meeting me as I walked along so I hired him to give me a city tour. We went to the Palawan Butterfly Garden, The Museum, and several other points of interest. One of the best was a small shop where they wove natural fibers into different products. There were some really beautiful handbags among other things. It took about 3 and 1/2 hours and I saw a lot of the town. One of the things I noticed was that all of the signs were in English even though that is not the language that is spoken. There were several vendors set up on the dock and one picture is of me with the lady I purchased earrings from. There is one of the garden at the cathedral (it was almost open air with birds flying all around the inside). One of the weaving shop and another of my hand holding a butterfly. The followers were at one of our stops. There there is one with me and my driver. The driver in inside with me and the other person just wanted in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment