Saturday, March 9, 2013

Manila, Philippines

We spent the day in Manila and got another great welcome and send off. The photos are of the two groups that welcomed us. There was a school band that gave us a big send off. I took the shuttle that went to one of the Mall's. I walked around a bit but did not do much of anything else. When we left the dock we anchored in the bay and stayed to watch part of the International Fireworks Competition. Italy and the Netherlands were the two countries that were competing. Both put on a good display but most of us agreed that the Italians put on a much better show. As I was standing out on Deck 8 I was thinking that being in Manila Bay watching fireworks was one of the last things I would ever have guessed I would be doing. I have liked visiting the Philippines. The people are really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment