Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Biltmore House









I spent the day at Biltmore House in Asheville, North Carolina. I had been to Asheville before but because the tour is expensive I had always skipped going. Biltmore is still owned by descendants of George Vanderbilt and running the estate is the family business. No one lives in Biltmore House today but the family members do still live on the grounds. There is a lot to see. Just the house tour took over two hours. I paid to get the audio tour and felt it was worth the extra money. If I remember right there were 41 rooms on the audio tour. There were also open doors where you could see part of other rooms. Biltmore is the largest home in the United States with over 200 total rooms. In addition there are the gardens, a winery, and the farm. No pictures are allowed in the house but I took photos on the outside and some of those are posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment