Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tennessee Aquarium




I got to Chattanooga, TN about noon today. My first stop was McKay's used books store. It was right by the freeway and I spent about an hour looking and buying. Linda told me about the store so I was looking for it as I drove into town. It is very hot here so after I checked into the hotel I took the free shuttle to the visitor's center to get information for my trip to Rock City tomorrow. I wanted to stay out of the heat so I got a ticket to the IMAX and watched a 3-D movie about the Hubbell Telescope. I also got a ticket to the Tennessee Aquarium and spent 2 hours touring. If you are ever in Chattanooga I recommend the Aquarium. It was really well done. My two favorites were the river otters and the penguins. Both were out and swimming. I could spend hours watching the otters and two of the penguins were letting everyone know how fast they could swim. There were also birds, butterflies and of course many displays showing all manner of water life. One of the unusual examples were the fresh water sting rays. I was even able to get a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment