Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Picton, New Zealand

This was out last stop in New Zealand and the only one on the South Island. I took a Farm and Garden tour. We visited two gardens. The first was a formal English Garden where we visited and had tea. The next was a working farm with sheep and cattle as well as a large garden at the house. Photos are of the Formal Garden, the sheep shearing, the sheep dogs herding the sheep, the miles and miles of grape vines in the area and me in the garden. We had a great lunch at the last garden and then drove back to the ship. It was a all day tour so I did not see much of the town of Picton. The time and New Zealand had been great and I really hated to leave. The country is beautiful and the people very friendly. I know why so many peole visit and think it would be a great place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment