Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Wellington, New Zealand

We arrived in Wellington on Sunday. Once again we had beautiful weather. I rode the shuttle to downtown. It was short walk to the Cable Car that carried we up to the Botanical Gardens. From there I through the Garden back down to town. The photos are of the view from the top, the rose garden, the begonias ( they were really our of this world), some of the air plants, the Beehive ( part of the Capitol), and houses built on the hill side. Wellington does not have that much room by the harbor so it has grown up the hills. Since this is a earthquake area they did not look that safe to me. Since the earthquake in Christchurch all of the buildings are being evaluated to see how they would hold up to an earthquake. Some are being reinforced and some will be torn down and rebuilt. I spent a lovely day there. The last part I sat at the waterfront where there was free wifi. I shared a bench with a couple who lived in Wellington and had a nice visit.

1 comment: