Friday, February 8, 2013

Rotorua

I took a all day tour while we were at Rotorua. I had heard about New Zealand's thermal areas and wanted to see how they compared to Yellowstone. We went to Hell's Gate where there were mud pots and the largest hot water fall in the southern hemisphere. Unfortunately my camera card failed while we were there so there are few pictures. After that we went to Rainbow Springs where we say a Kiwi bird. They are nocturnal and their enclosure is kept fairly dark. Two were out but we could not take pictures there. By that time I had realized that the camera was not working and I did have my point and shoot so at the Rainbow Spring (no s so different place) I could get pictures of the Maori. We saw the warriors in a nine person war canoe and then they put on a really good show featuring some of the Maori dances. After that we ate a meal cooked in the old style. All in all an interesting day.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment