Monday, April 8, 2013

Cape Town Day two

I am still not feeling very good but I did do the second route on the Hop on Hop Off bus. This one was mainly in the city but we did go out on the beach again. I did get some pictures today. I also got a picture of the lighthouse on the coast. I went to the Company Garden first. This was where they grew food for the ships that docked when Cape Town first began. Today it is a beautiful garden surrounded by very nice building. There were some interesting birds around. One picture is of a nest shared by many small birds. I also visited the Castle of Good Hope which is a fort built in the 1600's. It was on the coast but the city has reclaimed so much land that it is pretty far inland today. I have one more day here. We do have to be on board by 3:00 tomorrow then on to the next port.

No comments:

Post a Comment