Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cape Town South Africa - Day 3

I spent the last day in Cape Town at The V & A Waterfront. My camera was running out of charge so there are not many photos. There are none of me in South Africa. The way I felt I really did not want a picture taken. I went across to the Clock Tower and then to the Diamond Museum. It is run by a company that sells diamonds. There was a history of the diamond rush in South Africa. After that I watched diamonds being cut and polished. This company does their own buying, cutting and polishing. The museum is set up so you end up in the showroom. I looked but did not buy. I also ate lunch at Karibu, a restaurant that featured South African Dining. I had a Cape Malay dish that was very good. One of the photos is of the four South Africans that have won a Nobel Prize. There others are of The Clock Tower, an elephant in front of one of the stores and far in the distant the Soccer Stadium where the World's Cup was played. I hated to leave without going to the Cape of Good Hope but with the cold I had it just did not work out. I had always heard that South Africa was very beautiful and it is. As we toured around the city I could see all of the wealth that is located here. The only place that showed any poverty was the township.

No comments:

Post a Comment